Beat battles on the new Rocbattle have changed from the way battles were conducted in versions 1-3. With rocbattle 4.0, we have updated the system to help get more battle votes and make battles much more fair.
To speed up the voting process we placed the battle arena on one page where random battles are selected for voting. No one can see the vote count or comments until the battle has completed. The reason for the new function is to prevent swaying of votes by other members which was common practice in the old system.
Link To Battles
Also updated in Rocbattle 4.0 battle system are the links to battles. The old system would allow you to link battles to friends or buddies who would then vote and make battles unfair. The new system will only let you link to the battle arena. Battles cannot be linked until they have been completed to see final results.
Commenting on battles have also changed a bit for Rocbattle 4.0. Voters can only comment after they make a vote. We also no longer allow users to see comments until the battle is over.
In order to win a battle on Rocbattle.com, you need to have the majority vote. Currently, each battle needs an a 11 vote minimum to close which must include at least one staff vote. Minimum battle duration is 1 day.
Staff votes are weighted more. Many users in the old system would friend vote to determine the outcome of battles as well as win their way into tournaments. We now give staff votes more weight determining the final battle outcome. This is done as a precaution to unfair voters and hate voters. Any staff assigned to vote on beat battles will be someone with music background and would be able to determine the quality of your mix, your genre selection and any general practice when it comes to voting on your beat battles.
How Voting Works
Please Note: You can have more total votes and still lose a beat battle because votes are weighted by the percentages in each voting group.Example - You can win staff vote and still lose the battle.
Battle duration is minimum one day.
13 Votes are needed to close the battle along with minimum one staff vote. However, if you are losing battle by more than 7 votes, staff can close the battle and give opponent the win.
There are a few ways to receive ad points.
When you are logged in as a producer (Gold, Silver or Bronze Level) and vote on battles, you receive ad points. Ad points will display your banner on top of rocbattle for additional exposure.
Ad points received when you vote on beat battles
Gold Member = 10 Ad Impressions per vote.
Silver Member = 5 Ad Impressions per vote.
Bronze Member= 2 Ad Impressions per vote.
Ad points you receive when you sell beats.
150 Ad points
As a Gold or Silver member you receive a beat store which contains your entire beat library.
Visitors can search your beats by genre, keyword or price.
As a Gold member you are allowed to add 400 beats to your beat store. As a Silver member you are allowed to add 200 beats to your beat store.
Visitors can social share your store and also link to your information from your store
As an active Gold or Silver member your beats show up on the charts
The charts display the last 30 days of activity based on a few things that we don't reveal.
Of course if your beat sales well, it will show up on the charts.
Tournament rules are updated before current battles
General Rules of the Tournament
1. If a producer does not upload a beat, they forfeit the battle and the other producer is deemed the winner for that round. You will also be allowed to use the same beat for the next round if you choose to do so.
2. All Tournament beats must be new beats that have not already been uploaded to your profile or have been used in a battle on RocBattle.com
3. Battles can only be voted on by Members and Staff Members. Visitor votes will not make the difference in final rounds
4. All beats can be of any style that is considered Hip Hop, there are no specific categories or genres for the tournament. Once both beats are submitted, the beats are available for everyone including both producers to hear.
5. RocBattle.com will sound check beats that are in question of not being original, meaning that we can ask for the wav files, sound editor files (so save them!) etc, to prove the beat is authentic.
6. You are allowed to use samples.
7. One beat per round.
8. If at any time you are losing by 40 points or more, the battle will be closed and opponent will move to next round.
Round one (32 Battles, 64 Producers)
Round Two (16 Battles, 32 Producers)
Round 3: Sweet 16 (8 Battles, 16 Producers)
Round 4: Elite Eight (4 Battles, 8 Producers)
Round 5: Semi Finals (2 Battles, 4 Producers)
Round 6: Finals (1 Battle, 2 Producers)
Prizes (More prizes can be added)
Updated June 2013
First Place Prize
Second Place Prize